It was "Gateway to the West" days here during Joanna's visit. Every year at this time, our family participates in a run/walk that supports the trail system we have in town. The trail starts right in our
cul-
de-sac and we use it almost daily, so we're happy to support a good cause. This year Joanna decided to run the 5k with Chris and the kids and I did the 1-mile fun run again.

Joanna had been talking smack three days prior to the race and had lots of fun egging Chris on. Here is the 25-yr old Joanna posing with her 40-yr old brother for a
pre-race photo.

Here comes Chris across the finish line...wait a minute, where is Jojo????
Has anyone seen Jojo??
There she is
BEHIND her 40-yr old brother. Sorry Joanna, this is NOT the post I thought I would be making. But it had to be done. It had to be done.
Way to go Chris!....especially since this year you bumped up to the 40-49 category! We all had a lot of fun that morning. This was Joanna's first road race and Chris has about 10 under his belt, but I have a feeling she'll kick his butt next year! Despite the fact that Chris beat her out, they both took 3rd place in their age divisions. Not bad since there were over 100 runners! I think they finished 21 & 25 respectively.
After showering and eating lunch we headed downtown for the parade. We rode/walked with our neighborhood recycling trailer picking up cans/bottles at the end of the parade. Needless to say we were all POOPED by the end of the day!

It turned out to be a beautiful evening so we made one last trip into Omaha to enjoy Joanna's favorite place, Old Market. It was bustling as the College World Series is going on right now. We enjoyed a lovely dinner and fancy drinks outside.
We had a great time with Joanna, we always love when she comes to visit....AND she took the kids back with her!!!! They are on a 3-week odyssey up in MN visiting with both sets of Grandparents.
I've got plenty of projects to keep me busy while they are gone. I will be heading up to Duluth the 22nd before my dad has surgery on the 23rd. Once he is on the mend, I will take the kids to Erin's for the last leg of their trip. I'm a little sad I won't see Livie on her birthday but I know Gramma Sally has something wonderful planned and she'll get spoiled rotten! In the meantime, Chris and I are enjoying our quiet (man, is it QUIET!) time together and hope to get in a couple date nights before I leave.
1 comment:
miss you!
olivia
Post a Comment